Thursday, April 21, 2011

Who Doesn't Want a Petite Lap Giraffe?

I'm sure many of you have seen the recent DirecTV commercials:



If that isn't a display of American consumerism, I don't know what is.

But, and I think many people might agree with me, my favorite element of these commercials is the tiny "lap giraffe." I recently just found out about a spoof website, created by the same ad agency that conceptualized the commercials, Sokoblovsky Farms.The best and only breeders of Petite Lap Giraffes.


The site boasts that they are the best and only breeders of petite lap giraffes. Written in broken English, the site has a history section, a photo gallery, and even a live giraffe-cam. When I tried to reserve my petite lap giraffe, I got the following message:


Congratulations!!! You make 949,654 on waiting list for petite lap giraffe. Share greatest news with family on the facebook or tweeter.

So clearly, these little guys are really popular. The website also tries to pull in the DirecTV ads by saying that one of their breed has made it famous. "Here is our most famous petite lap giraffe, Ivanka. Now she is big time celebrity, movie star."

This site has certainly created a buzz around lap giraffes - I heard about the site through Twitter and then realized that I recognized the little creatures from the DirecTV commercials. It was as if the giraffe was a product placement for the Sokoblovsky Farm - a great idea by the ad agency to create this fully integrated campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment